The Buying Steps...
1. Identifying your New Home: Where will it be? Will it be a condo, townhouse, duplex or a single family home? How many bedrooms do you need? How about bathrooms? Is an ensuite needed? Do you need a big yard for your pets? Do you need a media/games room? There are many more features and options that you may wish to consider. Once Kert has identified all your needs, he will actively search existing listings.
2. Arranging Financing: Kert and Elaine could assist you in obtaining financing, if you wish. The best way is to obtain a pre-qualified mortgage which will set a maximum limit for your mortgage. In today’s competitive market, many Banks, Trust Companies and Credit Unions are becoming very flexible in finding new ways to qualify buyers. The most efficient way is to work with a Mortgage Broker. Kert may refers you to several competent brokers who will source the best mortgage for you. You do not even need to leave your home to apply as you can apply on line or by fax.
A word of caution about pre-approvals. These are guidelines only and are subject to confirmation by the lender once you have identified your new home. Your Lender will usually require an appraisal of the property to verify its lending value.
3. Finding your New Home: Kert and Elaine will research and show you all homes on the market that meet your needs. Kert and Elaine do not pre-judge the listings but will show you all listings that fit your price range. You will then decide which listings you would like to view. In addition, Kert and Elaine will identify, on a daily basis, all new homes coming on the market and communicate the information to you by phone or e-mail. This will ensure you have an opportunity to view these homes immediately.
4. Writing the Offer: This is the most important step in buying a home. Not only does the offer establishes the price, yet it includes the terms and conditions factored into the price. With your assistance, Kert and Elaine will establish the price based on a detailed comparative analysis of similar homes in the area that have recently sold. Kert and Elaine will ensure that all the necessary subject conditions, such as financing, inspection, title search, strata documentations, etc. are included to protect your best interests.
Kert and Elaine will then present your offer to the Seller and negotiate, in a professional and in a diplomatic manner, on your behalf to ensure you receive full value. Therefore, there is no need to be emotional with the counter offer from the Seller, as Kert will works in your best interest to attain the best possible purchasing price. It will only causes the Seller to be firm in their price, as they will not negotiate, if the REALTOR® is unprofessional, uncooperative, impatience, judgemental and takes the offer personally. Also, one should never criticizes the Seller's home that the Buyer is purchasing, while negotiating an offer.
5. Acceptance: Once your offer has been accepted, Kert and Elaine will work with you hand-in-hand to ensure that all subjects are removed smoothly and timely in order to meet the deadlines. Once the subjects are removed, the documentation will be provided to your Solicitors awaiting your signature. Congratulations, the home is yours and you are ready to move in to your new home.